Susan’s Backpacking & Hiking News
Francis Tapon, world traveler and adventurer, recently did a podcast interviewing me about the Caminos Norte and Primitivo. Among other things, he asked these questions:
- What was one of the most unusual paths you have taken?
- What percentage of pilgrims are hiking purely for religious reasons? (The answer is surprising!)
- How many pilgrims get to Santiago every year? (You won’t believe it!)
- Have you camped on the trail?
- What advice would you give to first-time pilgrims of El Camino de Santiago?
It was such great fun do this podcast! Check it out here!
Susan Alcorn’s Backpacking & Hiking Tales and Tips is published (almost) monthly. The newsletter has items of interest to the hiking–including the Camino—community. Click here to read.
You’ll find an assortment of topics each month. There’ll be health and fitness news, info on new gear, hiking records set, and statistics about the Camino. You’ll hear about upcoming hikes and other events as well as trail meetings and gatherings. In addition, you may learn something new about the animals that share our outdoors.
Currently, if you want to subscribe to Susan Alcorn’s Backpacking & Hiking Tales and Tips, either current or older issues, go to http://www.backpack45.com. Even better, however, would be to email Susan Alcorn at firstname.lastname@example.org to subscribe* so that the news will reach you hot off the press!
*We do not share names with anyone. You can cancel this free subscription by emailing Susan Alcorn.